Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is all set to issue new Indian currency 200 rupees note on 25th August 2017 and here we are bringing the first look of two hundred rupees currency note. It will be first occasion when Indian market to witness 200 rs. currency ever in the history of country.
“The Reserve Bank of India will issue on August 25, Rs 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India from select RBI offices, and some banks,” RBI said in a release.
RBI further said, “The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse. The base colour of the note is Bright Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.”
Here is the first look of 200 rs. note
Salient Features of 200 Rupees Note
1. The new 200 rs. note will be released under Mahatma Gandhi New Series.
2. The dimension of the note is 66 mm x 146 mm.
3. Currency to bear signature of 24th RBI governor Dr. Urjit Patel.
4. Two hundred rupees note color is a mixture of yellow, white, green, blue, orange and brown.
5. Mahatma Gandhi portrait is designed at the center of note just like 500 and 2000 rs. notes.
6. Governor’s signature, promise clause, guarantee clause and RBI emblem is designed at the right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
7. At the top of the currency, 200 rs. is written in Hindi (observe view) and English (reverse view) languages.
8. On the reverse side, “Swachh Bharat Mission Logo” is printed.
9. Printing year of the note i.e. 2017 is also written on the reverse side of currency.
10. “RBI, India, भारत, 200” micro letter written on the observe view.
11. Devnagari font used for Denominational numeral २००.
12. Ashoka Pillar is displayed on the right of observe view of currency.
13. Number series panel is displayed on the top of left side and at the bottom of right side. Numbers have been displayed growing from small to big as you go through left to right.
14. Denominational numeral with Rupees symbol, Rs 200 in color changing ink from green to blue at bottom right side.
What are your thoughts about the new 200 Rs. currency? Share your thoughts in comment section.